Bierzwnik (Silva Sancte Mariae, Marienwalde) - Zachodniopomorskie province, commune Bierzwnik; the Archdiocese of Szczecin and Kamien Pomorski.
The Cistercian Abbey from the end of the 13th century till its secularisation in 1539. It originated as a daughter house of Kolbacz (Western Pomerania, Poland). The monastery was founded in 1286 by Margraves of Brandenburg and occupied by the monks from Kolbacz in 1294. Between 1296 and 1326 a homogenous monastic complex was built in the Gothic style on the hill overlooking the Starzyckie Lake. The presbytery has survived, as well as two bays of the church and two wings of the monastery. Since 1992 there has been complex archaeological and architectonic researches carried out on the monastic hill. The church in its western part is being reconstructed. There are some precious relics of architecture and architectonic interior to be seen: the church (its eastern part), original arrangement of monastic rooms, collection of decorated ceramic consoles. At present the shrine serves as the Roman- Catholic Our Lady of the Scapular Parish Church. Since 2001 revitalisation of the church and postmonastic complex has been taking place. Since 2007 the post-Cistercian monastery in Bierzwnik is a member of the European Charter of Abbeys and Cistercian Sites. Verbergen